Crud's Road Racer Mudguard Set has been designed in response to numerous requests to the boffins at Crud. Traditional mudguard construction dictates a sturdy design with bolted fixings at the brake bridges and/or rigid plastic utilized in the main arc. This principle has remained unchanged for a century or more.
Crud's Road Racer concept turns orthodox road mudguard designs on their head. The designers at Crud reasoned that if you could float the mudguard off the rim, then you could do away with a lot of the traditional fixings. These mudguards just hover in place so there is nothing to rattle or rub.
• "The Best mudguards for road bikes to date" - Cycling Weekly
• Designed to sit as close as possible to your race machine
• Sleek design not only works well, but also appears not to be there at all
• Quick and simple fitting takes considerably less time than German brands
• Thumbscrew fittings are easy to adjust, and reusable zip-ties and O-rings make universal mounting a snap, and breakaway stays provide extra safety
• The tow friction "Fiber brushes" are a stroke of genius both stopping rattles and cleaning the rim surface
• Full coverage design reaches underneath the brake caliper and crown, eliminating extra spray found on German designs
• Universal 700x23C tire/frame fit and fits most 700x25 tire/frame combinations
• Fits 38 mm tires
• Fits disc brakes